*This post may contain Amazon affiliate links, meaning if you choose to buy something off of one of my links, I may get a small compensation (at no extra cost to you). I will never recommend something I don't believe in.
There is something about football season that screams nachos to me, anyone else? But lets be real, I am always down for some tasty nachos. I mean chips with loaded toppings, what’s not to love?
My 9-year-old claimed he could eat these vegan game day nachos every day for dinner, that’s going a bit far. But they are super tasty. My 6-year-old in his 6-year-old fashion took one look at it and exclaimed,
I am a lover of all thing Mexican food. It just gets me. Carbs on carbs are right up my alley. This was a fun meal to eat because we didn’t even dirty any plates. We just hovered around the pan and devoured them saying mmm between bites.
What I love about these nachos is the sauce that’s on them…. oh man it’s SO good. I took a sauce a recipe for elote (the Mexican corn) tweaked it a bit and put it on the nachos. Do not skip this step, it’s crucial in blending all the flavors together.
I used a simple guacamole, but you could totally use your favorite recipe.
I also made a vegan nacho cheese sauce, this isn’t 100% necessary, you could use vegan shredded cheese and that would make this process even quicker. But if you like to make everything from scratch make the cheese.
What do you need to make these delicious Vegan Game Day Nachos?
- Black beans
- Chili, canned vegan
- chili powder, salt, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder
- vegan mayo
- vegan sour cream
- corn, canned
- Vegan Cheese or homemade ( potatoes, carrots, cashews, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, plant milk, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, green chilis)
- Tortilla chips
How do you make it?
Start by Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, grease a sheet pan and set aside. I just use a large cookie sheet like this.
Now you’ll want to make your sauce mixture by taking a small bowl and mixing all your vegan mayo, vegan sour cream (if you don’t have vegan sour cream you could use cashew cream),chili powder and stir, set aside.
Let’s make the bean mixture. Take your black beans and rinse and drain them in a colander, then add the canned corn. Move those to a medium-size bowl and add the can of chili, and all the seasonings and stir. Now set aside.
Now you can either make this “nacho” cheese sauce or you can just use your favorite shredded vegan cheese. If you choose to make the nacho cheese here’s how: boil your potatoes, carrots, and cashews. Boil that until soft (10-15 minutes) drain once cooked. Take a high-speed blender and mix the remaining ingredients, plus the cooked vegetables and blend until smooth.
Now take your greased pan layer it with your favorite tortilla chips. Now add your bean mixture evenly over the chips and nacho “cheese” or cheese shreds. Cook in the oven for 7-10 minutes.
While that is cooking make your guacamole. Take your avocado, remove the skin and put the remaining avocado into a small bowl. Add the salt, onion and garlic powder. Take a pastry cutter and smash your avocados until smooth, stir and set aside.
Once the nachos are done
You can add additional things like cilantro or jalapenos if you like.
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1/4 cup vegan sour cream or cashew cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained.
- 15 oz can vegan canned chili
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1/2 small onion, chopped small
- 1/2 TB chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 can olives, sliced
- 2 Avocados
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
Nacho Cheese Sauce **Or just use your favorite Vegan Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups potatoes,chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup plant milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1-2 TB green chilis, canned.
- 1/2 TB lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, grease a sheet pan and set aside.
- Make your sauce mixture by taking a small bowl and mixing all your sauce ingredients and stir, set aside.
- Mix your bean mixture. Take a medium bowl and mix all the bean mixture ingredients together and stir, set aside.
- Now you can either make this "nacho" cheese sauce or you can just use your favorite shredded vegan cheese. If you choose to make the nacho cheese here's how: boil your potatos, carrots, and cashews. Boil that until soft (10-15 minutes), drain once cooked. Take a high speed blender and mix the remaining ingredients, plus the cooked vegetables and blend until smooth.
- Now take your greased pan layer it with your favorite tortilla chips. Now add your bean mixture and nacho "cheese" or cheese shreds. Cook in the oven for 7-10 minutes.
- While that is cooking make your guacamole. Take your avocado, remove the pit and skin put the remaining into a small bowl. Add the salt, onion and garlic powder. Take a pastry cutter and smash your avocados until smooth, stir and set aside.
- Now add your guacamole and drizzle or mix your cream topping. Serve and enjoy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 516Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1652mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 18gSugar: 7gProtein: 19g
The calories are computer generated and may not be 100% accurate.