*This post may contain Amazon affiliate links, meaning if you choose to buy something off of one of my links, I may get a small compensation (at no extra cost to you). I will never recommend something I don't believe in.Jump to Recipe
This Vegan Instapot Chili is a crowd pleaser. It’s the perfect dish to bring to your chili cook off, no one will even know that it’s vegan- thanks to the vegan beef crumbles.
This vegan chili has the perfect amount of spices and liquid to solids ratio, do you know what I mean? I like a decent bite in every spoon full, not more broth than bulk.
This chili makes a good amount, way more than our family of four can eat in one sitting, so we had to get creative in ways to eat it. One of our favorite ways of eating this chili, besides by itself with this cornbread, is chili burritos or tacos. Mmmm. Throw some chili in a tortilla and add any topping you want and bam chili burritos. Try it, you’ll love it.
Speaking of that cornbread. Oh man… if you like cornbread with your chili than you seriously have to try this recipe. It’s the best I have ever tried and I think you need it in your life.
We always have vegan chili on Halloween, chili, cornbread, chips and toppings. It’s a perfect meal to get you warmed up and ready to go out into the elements of the Pacific Northwest late in the Fall- it can be very hit or miss in the weather department.
Let’s talk about the Instapot for a minute.
This makes it super easy and super fast, but if you do not have an Instapot- not all is lost. You could make this in the slow cooker, or you could cook it on the stove. Just follow the directions on the recipe, but instead of cooking it for the short time, you’ll want it to cook on high for a few hours, or cook it on your stove for a few hours. If you need more help with that, let me know in the comments.
Do you have any traditions around chili? I would love to know in the comments!
-Instapot Vegan Chili-
- 1 medium onion, chopped small
- 1 TB oil, neutral
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups vegan ground beef substitute **
- 1 TB Cumin, spice
- 2 TB Chili powder, spice
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, spice
- 1/4 tsp cayene pepper, spice (add more or less for spice level)
- 3 15 oz cans chili beans
- 1 15 oz can black beans,rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can corn, drained
- 2 15 oz can tomatoes, crushed
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- Add oil and chopped onion to your Instapot, use the saute setting and cook, stirring for a few minutes.
2. Add your minced garlic, vegan beef crumbles, all your spices, stir and cook on saute for a minute or two. Take it off Saute mode to off.
3. Add all your beans and tomatoes, stir. Seal your lid.
4. Hit your chili setting on your Instapot. If you have no chili setting you can hit Manuel cook for 16 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally, stir once ready. Serve with all your favorite chili sides.
If you made this and enjoyed it, I would love to hear about it in the comments or #courtneyshomestead. Thanks so much for your support! <3 Courtney