*This post may contain Amazon affiliate links, meaning if you choose to buy something off of one of my links, I may get a small compensation (at no extra cost to you). I will never recommend something I don't believe in.
Let’s talk sugar cookies for a minute. In our family, there are specific feelings on sugar cookies and how they should taste. I typically don’t even make roll-out sugar cookies because my husband is such a critic. I have tried to many different recipes and for me what it comes down to is going back to the basics. This is a very basic sugar cookie recipe but is bursting in flavor. And my husband even approved this vegan sugar cookie.
What I love about this vegan sugar cookie recipe is not only the flavor but how easy they are. SO many recipes call for you chilling the dough, ( I hate chilling dough) I tend to lean towards instant gratification. I want to get the show on the road. These roll out so nicely at room temp. I do like to roll my sugar cookies out with saran wrap on the top and Silpat on the bottom, just for the ease of rolling.
I like to roll my sugar cookies out a little on the thicker edge, but you could do thin or thick, just watch your baking time. These will trick you and not look done when they are in fact done, but be careful not to over bake, unless however- you like your sugar cookie on the crispy side. These are tasty by themselves or with frosting. My sister loves plain sugar cookies, but I feel like the majority of people like them frosted, which camp are you in, frosted or plain? Let me know in the comments!
- 2 sticks (227 grams) Vegan butter softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 tablespoons Oatmilk ( almond, soy, whatever alternative milk)
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Get your stand mixer or hand mixer. Cream your sugar and butter until smooth. Add the vanilla, and milk, stir. Next add your baking powder stir, add the 3 cups of flour and mix until smooth.
- 3. Take a silpat or lightly flour your work surface. Take a chunk of dough and place it on the prepared surface. Take a decent sized piece of surran wrap and place it over your dough, now you're ready to roll. Roll the dough out to your desired thickness, I like my sugar cookies a little bit thicker. Cut them out with your desired cookie cutter and use a metal spatula to move them a silpat or greased cookie sheet.
- 4. Cook for 6-9 minutes depending on the size of your cookie. Do not over bake. These should be soft. Let sit on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. Repeat step 3 to finish the remaining dough.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 32 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 76Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 37mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
*without frosting The calories are computer generated and may not be 100% accurate.