*This post may contain Amazon affiliate links, meaning if you choose to buy something off of one of my links, I may get a small compensation (at no extra cost to you). I will never recommend something I don't believe in.
This vegan cornbread is the best of the best in the vegan cornbread world. I have been making this for years and years. It’s a crowd-pleaser and I always get asked for the recipe.
I can’t even bring myself to try any other recipes because this is just the one that makes my heart sing. I made chili the other night, and you should have seen my husband’s face when this cornbread didn’t accompany it.
Whoops, I dropped the ball on that one.
I make this vegan cornbread recipe every single Halloween. We have chili and cornbread before going out into the blustery, usually rainy pacific northwest weather. Or I make this to go in cornbread stuffing at thanksgiving, or I just make it because I want some delicious cornbread.
My kids always get excited when they see this cooking.
This recipe as written only makes an 8×8 pan, but I almost always double it for a crowd and it doubles just great.
If you need a good chili recipe for this delicious vegan cornbread give my favorite
This is a sweet cornbread, I hear in other parts of the world they don’t like sweet cornbread?
I don’t know any different and I love the sweetness this brings. It has the perfect sweet and comforting flavor I am looking for in my cornbread.
Which camp are you? Sweet cornbread or no way? Let me know in the comments!
What do you need for this vegan cornbread?
- baking powder
- vegan butter
- plant milk
- egg re-placer or flax eggs
How do you make it?
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 8×8 pan
In a large bowl, mix all your dry ingredients and give it a good stirring with a whisk.
Make your egg replacer, by following directions on the box or a flax egg set aside.
Melt your vegan butter in a glass liquid measuring cup.
Make a well in the dry ingredients. Pour the melted vegan butter, oil, egg re-placer, and milk in the middle and mix just until incorporated.
Pour into the prepared baking pan and bake until a toothpick in the middle comes out clean about 30-35 minutes.
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons melted, earth balance vegan butter
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 1/4 cup oat milk (almond milk, any alternative milk)
- 3 teaspoons egg re-placer with 4 TB water Or flax eggs, * or your egg re-placer of choice to equal 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 8x8 pan
- 2. In a large bowl, mix all your dry ingredients and give it a good stirring with a whisk.
- 3. Make your egg re-placer, by following directions on the box or a flax egg set aside.
- 4. Melt your earth balance butter in a glass liquid measuring cup.
- 5.Make a well in the dry ingredients. Pour the melted butter, oil, egg re-placer, and milk in the middle and mix just until incorporated. Pour into the prepared baking pan and bake until a toothpick in the middle comes out clean about 30-35 minutes.
This has been adapted to be vegan from this awesome blog right here https://www.melskitchencafe.com/the-cornbread-and-fluffy-honey-butter/
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 303Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 324mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 6g
The calories are computer generated and may not be 100% accurate.