*This post may contain Amazon affiliate links, meaning if you choose to buy something off of one of my links, I may get a small compensation (at no extra cost to you). I will never recommend something I don't believe in.
I am really into soy curls. They taste SO good when they are made properly. They soak in whatever flavor you’re infusing it with, they are full of protein, and just so good. It’s the perfect mock meat for this vegan beef and broccoli dish.
Everyone in my family loves this vegan beef and broccoli. And if you have been following along, you know my 5 year old likes pretty much nothing, so this is big. I LOVE a night that I don’t have to beg the kids to eat, it makes dinner time so much more pleasent!
This is also a 30 minutes or less recipe which is amazing for a quick weeknight meal.
Let’s get onto the recipe.
You start by soaking your soy curls. If you are new to this, don’t worry it’s easy. You throw 2 cups of soy curls into a
While you’re waiting for your soy curls start your sauce. This sauce comes together super quick and it is so tasty!
I like to take my soy curls and throw them in some cornstarch so you can give them a slightly crispy texture before dousing them with sauce. Throw a little oil in the pan then throw in your soy curls and spend just a quick few minutes getting them all nice and browned a bit. When you’re done with that step, take them out of the pan and let them sit while you cook up the rest.
Now you will throw your chopped up broccoli into your hot skillet. I add about half a cup of water or more if it needs it. You could add oil, but I like to keep the oil to the minimum. Cook that for a few minutes, stirring so nothing burns. You want this slightly crunchy, whatever level you like to eat your broccoli. Then throw your soy curls back in with the vegan beef broth and the sauce. This will thicken up fairly quickly. Remove from the heat and serve with cooked rice.
Quick, painless, and not too many dishes. I call that a win!
How do you like your broccoli for “beef” and broccoli? Let me know in the comments!
Vegan Beef and Broccoli
- 2 cups dry soy curls
- 2 heads broccoli chopped
- 1/2 cup water or more (for cooking broccoli)
- 2 TB cornstarch
- 2 tsp oil neutral
- Cooked rice for serving
- 1/2 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch mixed with 1TB water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup no beef broth or vegetable broth
- Start by soaking your soy curls. Put 2 cups of soy curls in a bowl and cover them with warm water- let sit for 10 minutes.While your soy curls are soaking, make your sauce. Mix all your sauce ingredients except for the cornstarch. Mix the cornstarch separately by taking 1 TB of water and 2 tsp cornstarch, mix until smooth then add to your sauce and stir. Set aside.Now strain your soy curls. Remove all the water by squeezing them until they stop producing water. Take your 2 TB cornstarch and mix it with your soy curls. Add your soy curls in a hot large skillet and cook the soy curls until they are browned. Remove them from the pan. Then add your chopped up broccoli to the pan with some water so it steams the broccoli and doesn't stick, cook this until it starts to turn bright green, not overly cooked, but the texture you want it for the dish. Add back your soy curls with the broccoli, add the vegan beef stock and the sauce. Mix until the sauce is thickened, this only takes a few minutes. And you're ready to serve.Serve with rice
If you loved this recipe let me know in the comments or #courtneyshomestead. Thanks so much for your support!