These easy vegan blueberry pancakes make for a quick, delicious blueberry breakfast. This makes a small batch and is perfect for whipping up on a busy morning.
Blueberry pancakes are a family favorite around here.
They are perfect for a quick weekend breakfast the whole family can enjoy. Unless your family doesn’t like blueberries, then you better go with one of my other pancake recipes.
This recipe only makes about eight pancakes, so if you need to feed a whole family, I suggest doubling it.
This is the perfect amount for when I’m just making my kids pancakes.
When you’re cooking these, you want to make sure not to overcook them or undercook them.
Blueberry pancakes can be a little tricky because you want the pancake batter to cook around the blueberry and not be gooey, but you also don’t want to dry out the whole pancake.
I like to cut into one of the pancakes while on the skillet to ensure they are getting cooked through.
What I love about this vegan pancake recipe;
- simple recipe
- fluffy texture
- juicy blueberries, you can use fresh or frozen
- it requires no egg replacements, which makes it that much faster to throw together
- makes a small batch or double for a bigger one
- all the main ingredients you likely already have on hand
- last, they make delicious pancakes
Vegan Blueberry Pancake Recipe Q&A
Can I use oil instead of vegan butter?
Yes, I’ve made them both ways and prefer the vegan butter, but you can use vegetable oil, melted coconut oil, or whatever oil you choose if that’s what you need.
Can I make this vegan blueberry pancakes recipe gluten-free?
Yes, you can sub out the regular flour for an all-purpose gluten-free flour in a 1:1 ratio.
Can I use other fresh fruit in place of the blueberries?
You can, but they won’t be blueberry pancakes. You could also use chocolate chips or other fresh berries.
You can customize some and not the others if one kid wants blueberry and one wants chocolate chip.
Just place the mix-in of choice on the pancake once you get it on the skillet.
What ingredients do you need for fluffy vegan blueberry pancakes?
Check out the recipe card at the bottom of this post for the full recipe.
- all purpose flour
- baking powder
- white sugar
- non-dairy milk (almond milk, oat milk, soy milk, whichever you like)
- white vinegar (or apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, whichever you have)
- melted vegan butter
- 1/2 cup or more blueberries
How do you make this vegan blueberry pancake recipe?
Start with making some vegan buttermilk. Mix your 1 cup vegan milk with 1 TB vinegar, stir and set aside.
Get a medium mixing bowl and add your dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt; whisk this until it’s well combined.
Add your wet ingredients; vegan buttermilk and melted vegan butter stir until combined, but don’t overmix.
Heat your pancake skillet or frying pan (non-stick pan) to medium heat; once it’s hot, add some vegan butter or some cooking spray.
Here are some blueberry options for these pancakes;
- Use fresh blueberries
- Use frozen blueberries
- Use frozen dethawed blueberries
There are a couple of ways you can add your blueberries.
Whatever you choose to use, you can add them to the batter, this will likely cause your whole pancake to turn a little purple and make the berry distribution a little off, but it will work.
Or you can add the berries individually to the pancake to make a perfectly spaced blueberry pancake.
Add 1/4 cup of the batter per pancake, work quickly and then add your blueberries individually or if you added them to the pancake batter, that’s fine too.
This way, the whole pancake doesn’t turn purple, and you get an even amount of blueberries per pancake.
Let them cook until small bubbles form, then flip until cooked.
Place on a plate when finished and repeat with the remaining batter.
You could also use a cast iron pan and make a giant pancake.
How do you serve these blueberry vegan pancakes?
These are best served when they are made. Serve with some vegan butter and drizzle maple syrup to smother the top of the pancakes.
A blueberry syrup would go great on these as well.
How do you store leftover pancakes?
Place the cooled pancakes in an airtight container on the counter for up to two days.
You can also place them in the fridge, but I prefer them after being on the counter; in the fridge, they will last longer.
To reheat them, place them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds at half power or until heated to your liking.
Can you freeze these delicious vegan blueberry pancakes?
Yes, these freeze well. Wait for them to come to room temperature before placing them in a freezer-safe bag or container for up to 3 months.
Let defrost on the counter before reheating.
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 TB baking powder
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup non dairy milk
- 1 TB white vinegar
- 1 TB melted vegan butter
- 1/2 cup or more blueberries
- Start with making some vegan buttermilk. Mix 1 cup vegan milk with 1 TB vinegar, stir and set aside.
- Get a medium mixing bowl and add your flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt; whisk this until it's well combined.
- Add your vegan buttermilk and melted vegan butter and stir until combined, but don't overmix.
- Heat your pancake skillet or pan to medium heat; once it's hot, add some vegan butter or some cooking spray. Add 1/4 cup of pancake batter per pancake, work quickly and then add your blueberries individually. This way, the whole pancake doesn't turn purple, and you get an even amount of blueberries per pancake. Let them cook until bubbly, then flip until cooked. Place on a plate when finished and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve with vegan butter and syrup.
See blog post for recipe Q&A.
If you want to double the recipe, I wouldn't double the baking powder, just half it.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 108Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 270mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g
The calories are computer generated and may not be 100% accurate.
Want some other delicious vegan pancake recipes?
If you loved this recipe, then give it a 5 star rating and leave a comment! I love to chat with you all. Please feel free to share on social media and tag #courtneyshomestead. I would love to see you over on Instagram or Facebook.