*This post may contain Amazon affiliate links, meaning if you choose to buy something off of one of my links, I may get a small compensation (at no extra cost to you). I will never recommend something I don't believe in.
These are hands down the best vegan brownies. I have tried SOOOO many different vegan brownie recipes. And so many of them turned out to be a weird oil separated nastiness. So, I decided to try and make my own, and I am glad I did.
I have made probably 20 different batches of brownies to land on this recipe.
We are talking a lot of chocolate chips folks. But I have finally nailed it and I am ready to share them!
There seem to be two big camps in the brownie world; fudgy or cakey. I’m gonna be real here- I am TOTALLY in the fudgy camp. So naturally these air on the side of fudgy, but I do not think the cakey fans will be disappointed.
These have 3 different forms of chocolate in them. You melt some, you leave some in chip form, and some coco powder for good measure.
I add 1/2 a teaspoon of instant coffee to these. It does not make it taste like coffee at all, but it really enhances the chocolate flavor. I buy mine from Trader Joe’s or Amazon, it’s super cheap and I keep it for any other baking needs I might have. I have used the the instant coffee in the packets and they work just the same.
These vegan brownies taste delicious with a bowl of ice cream. I have mentioned before my favorite vegan vanilla ice cream is So Delicious Very Vanilla, Cashew milk ice cream. This stuff tastes like waffle cones. Here’s a link to check it out (I am not sponsored by them, I just love this flavor and you should know about it)
- 2 Flax eggs (2 TB flaxmeal with 4 TB water)
- 1/2 cup oil, neutral
- 1 cup chocolate chips (to be melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1/4 cup unsweetend coco powder
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons oatmilk (or any milk alternative)
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (for batter)
- Start by preheating your oven to 325 degrees and preparing you 8x8 square pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- 2. Make you flax egg and set aside.
- 3. Mix your flour, baking powder, salt, together and set aside.
- 4. In a microwave safe glass bowl mix your oil with 1 cup of the chocolate chips, stir. Put in the Microwave for 30 seconds. Whisk for 10 seconds. Put back in the microwave for 30 seconds Whisk. And set aside.
- 5. Into the melted chocolate whisk in the instant coffee, then whisk in the coco powder, then whisk in the brown sugar, vanilla, and 2 TB milk. Last whisk in the Flax Eggs.
- 6. Stir the melted chocolate and flour mixture until combined. Then stir in your 3/4 cup chocolate chips. Spread into the prepared 8x8 pan and smooth out. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Do not over bake. They will look under done, but will come out clean on a toothpick.
- *These will have to rest for about 2- 3 hours before you are able to cut them.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 brownie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 362Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 145mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 3gSugar: 30gProtein: 4g
The calories are computer generated and may not be 100% accurate.
If you made this and loved it, I would love to hear about it in the comments or #courtneyshomestead. Thanks so much for your support! <3 Courtney