*This post may contain Amazon affiliate links, meaning if you choose to buy something off of one of my links, I may get a small compensation (at no extra cost to you). I will never recommend something I don't believe in.
Oatmeal Chocolate chip cookies mmm… I love cookies, like a lot, like probably too much. I love how easy cookies are to make. They are easy to transport, most of the time no frosting to worry about. It’s just pure goodness, in a portable compact size. I mean what’s not to love?
These cookies are the perfect oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, in my chocolate chip cookie world. I like mine a little on the thicker side. Not like the ones that are super thin and spread way out. Nope not these. These are perfect little hunks of goodness.
They have a little brown sugar and a little cane sugar which gives it a nice flavor profile. And oats- I mean it almost makes it healthy throwing those in there, totally joking, mostly…. =)
I can tell you that when I feed these to someone that isn’t vegan, they have no idea that they are vegan until I tell them.
We ate these between our favorite vegan vanilla ice cream ( So Delicious, Very Vanilla- Cashew milk, this isn’t even an affiliate post, but I wish it was, I just love it). The ice cream tastes like waffle cones, I kid you not. It’s the best and paired with these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, it’s magic folks.
These are quick to throw together and only dirty one bowl! Which in my book means the recipe is pretty much golden. Does anyone else feel this way? Anything that’s one pot, one bowl, one mess?
- 1 stick earth balance vegan butter,cold
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons almond milk (any alternative milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oats (I used old fashion)
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tarter, You can leave this out if you don't have it.
- 1.5 tablespoons corn startch
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Get your stand mixer or hand mixer out. Mix your cold butter with your sugars, beat together until smooth. Then add your milk and vanilla. Mix.
- 3. Add your baking soda, salt, cream of tarter, and corn starch. Mix. Add your flour and oats and mix into mixture until just incorporated. Then hand mix with a spatula your chocolate chips in.
- 4. Use a cookie scoop and scoop your cookies onto either a greased cookie sheet or silpat on a cookie sheet. Cook about 12 cookie dough balls on a sheet. Put in the oven for 8-9 minutes. ( I use a 1.5 inch cookie scoop, if you use a bigger one you will get less cookies and need to cook longer). Do not over bake. They will seem slightly underdone Let sit for about 3-5 minutes and then remove and place on a cooking rack. Repeat with the remainder of the dough.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 96Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 76mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
The calories are computer generated and may not be 100% accurate.
If you made this and loved it, I would love to hear about it in the comments or #courtneyshomestead. Thanks so much for your support! <3 Courtney