*This post may contain Amazon affiliate links, meaning if you choose to buy something off of one of my links, I may get a small compensation (at no extra cost to you). I will never recommend something I don't believe in.
I love a good oatmeal cookie. Something about the simplicity of flavors, hearty yet soft texture I just love. I was inspired to make these vegan oatmeal cream pie cookies after eating something similar at Native Foods Cafe.
If you haven’t ever been to Native Foods Cafe and you get the chance, you should. They are a fully vegan restaurant and make delicious food. They have these huge oatmeal cream pie cookies and they are seriously amazing and also seriously almost five bucks a cookie. I wanted to try to replicate their vegan oatmeal cream pie cookies
I wouldn’t say this cookie tastes exactly like theirs, but it’s still super tasty.
These vegan oatmeal cream pie cookies are pretty thick and keep their shape when they are being baked, so make sure to flatten them before placing them in the oven. They don’t do much if any spreading. Try to make them uniform in size. I always use a
The middle cream frosting can be a little delicate in warmer temps. You wouldn’t want to bring these to a picnic on a hot day, the middle will melt right off. I like to keep mine in the fridge covered and then pull them out when we are ready to eat them. Plus they taste pretty good a little chilly from the fridge.
You could definetly just eat these oatmeal cookies by themselves without the cream and I don’t think anyone would complain.
I love so many cookies, what’s your favorite cookie (if you can choose)? Let me know in the comments!
Vegan Oatmeal Cream Pie Cookies
- 2 TB plant milk
- 2 flax eggs (2 TB flax meal with 4 TB water)
- 1 stick Earth Balance vegan butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups oats, quick cooking type
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance vegan butter, cold
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
- 1-2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 TB brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Get a baking sheet lined with a Silpat and set aside.2. Make your flax egg and set aside. Take a stand mixer and add your vegan butter, sugars, plant milk, and vanilla extract- mix until creamed. Then add your flax eggs and mix until combined. Add your salt, baking powder and mix until combined, now add your flour and oats, mix until combined. Take your cookie scoop and scoop out your dough *it’s fairly thick* and place it on the cookie sheet, flatten the cookie a bit, it will not spread in the oven. And repeat with the remaining dough. Cook in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, they should be slightly firm, but still soft- they will cook some more on the cookie sheet. Let rest for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack.
3. Make your filling. Take a hand or stand mixer, whip all ingredients until smooth. Set aside.4. When your cookies are completely cool. You can take two cookies of like size, put some filling on one of the bottom side of the cookies (amount will vary on how much you would like) and then sandwich the back side of the other cookie together. These may need to go in the fridge until serving, the frosting likes to melt on warm days. They taste great right out of the fridge.
If you tried these vegan oatmeal cream pie cookies and loved them, I would love to hear about it in the comments! Or #Courtneyshomestead, Thanks so much for your support!