Who doesn’t love a good pasta dish? I know I sure do. I orginally found this recipe on pinterest and had to try it out. It wasn’t a vegan recipe, so I tweaked somethings to make it work. And boy is this vegan lemon garlic spaghetti delicious! It’s easy to make and a perfect back to the school year grind meal.
I love that it can be a one pot dish, hello to less dishes! I also love that everyone in my family will eat it without complaining.
This isn’t an overly saucey dish, if you want to add more sauce than I would double the sauce recipe. But for us it’s just perfect the way it is. I have made this as a dish to take to neighbors or friends in need and they always love it. I mean what’s not to love, garlic, pasta, lemon. Mmm those that know me know that I am not a huge lemon fan but this dish has the perfect amount.
What do you need for this vegan lemon garlic spaghetti?
- angel hair pasta
- lemon zest + juice
- red pepper flakes
- Italian seasoning
- vegan butter
- cashew parmesan
How do you make this pasta dish?
Start by boiling a pot of water and some salt, when it’s to a rolling boil add your angel hair pasta and cook according to the package. While that’s cooking you can get your other ingredients ready. Strain the pasta and set it aside while you do the rest.
You can take the same pot you cooked the noodles in and add the oil, garlic, lemon zest, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper and cook for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Then you’re going to add your vegan butter, cashew Parmesan, lemon juice, water, and then stir, then add your noodles and stir. It can be a little hard to stir with how tight angel hair pasta gets, but you can do it. And you’re ready to serve.
I always serve this with a big side of broccoli or asparagus. You could add some seasoning chikapeas or vegan chicken strips if you want to add some more bulk to it.
What’s your favorite kind of pasta noodle? Let me know in the comments! <3
- 3/4 box angel hair pasta
- 1 TB oil
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper, seasoning
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 5 TB Earth Balance Vegan Butter
- 1 TB Lemon Juice
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Cashew Parmesan (recipe link in notes)
- 1/3-1/2 cup water as needed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Take a medium pot and cook the angel hair pasta per package directions. Sprinkle salt to the water before cooking. Once done cooking strain and set aside.
- Take the pot you cooked the pasta in and heat your oil, garlic, lemon zest, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper and cook for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add the vegan butter and vegan cashew parmesan, lemon, and 1/3 cup water, stir, then add the cooked noodles, stirring to combine. Serve with additional Cashew Parmesan.
- Cashew Parm
- -3/4 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Combined all in a food processor. Store extra in fridge.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 356mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
The calories are computer generated and may not be 100% accurate.
This recipe was adapted slightly from this recipe here- /https://www.mysuburbankitchen.com/easy-lemon-garlic-pasta/