This Greek Quinoa Salad that happens to be vegan, gluten free, and oil free is the perfect summer lunch.
Vegan Greek Quinoa Salad
I am always looking for delicious summer salads that will make a nice cold summer meal.
Or an easy cold summer vegan lunch.
Because let’s be real, a hot dish doesn’t always sound tasty when it’s blazing hot outside.
I’m also always looking for things to pre-make for camping.
This summer recipe checks all those boxes for me.
How do you make the dressing oil-free?
To keep this oil free I use some vegan yogurt to help with the lack of oil.
This makes the dressing have an oily feel to it without having any actual oil.
If you don’t care about eating things oil free then feel free to add some oil to this.
I would be lying if I didn’t say that adding oil will make it more flavorful.
How do you make this Greek quinoa salad?
- garlic, minced
- lemon juice
- red wine vinegar
- oil of choice **Optional, I leave this out for an oil-free dish
- cucumber, diced
- cherry tomatoes, chopped
- kalamata olives, diced
- red onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
How do you make this vegan quinoa salad?
Start by cooking your quinoa by following the directions on the back if it’s not already cooked, let it cool.
Make your sauce by combing the sauce ingredients in a small bowl, stir until combined, and set aside.
Take a large bowl and combine your salad ingredients including the quinoa once it’s cooled down.
Now add your sauce to the salad ingredients and stir.
This is best if you let the flavors marinate until the next day.
This can be eaten cold or warm.
Feel free to add more or less toppings.
Add salt and pepper before serving to taste.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 TB fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 TB yogurt
- 1/2 TB diced oregano
- 1/8 tsp dill, dried
- 1 TB oil of choice or 1 TB liquid from the chickpeas can **Optional, I leave this out for an oil-free dish
- 1 cup dry quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 or more kalamata olives, diced
- 2 TB red onion, finely chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by cooking your quinoa by following the directions on the back if it's not already cooked, let it cool.
- Make your sauce by combing the sauce ingredients in a small bowl, stir until combined and set aside.
- Take a large bowl and combine your salad ingredients including the quinoa once it's cooled down.
- Now add your sauce to the salad ingredients and stir. You can eat it now or let it marinate in the fridge a bit. This can be eaten cold or warm. Feel free to add or less toppings. Add salt and pepper before serving to taste.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 194mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 6g
The calories are computer generated and may not be 100% accurate.