*This post may contain Amazon affiliate links, meaning if you choose to buy something off of one of my links, I may get a small compensation (at no extra cost to you). I will never recommend something I don't believe in.Jump to Recipe
Gardner’s salsa dip is one of my favorites! Sometimes I just end up eating it with chips for a meal, it’s that good and filling. It has very unique flavors that result in a burst of flavor in your mouth.
I love to bring this to parties or potlucks.
It’s the perfect potluck food because;
A. it tastes delicious B. It’s super easy to make and C. people will be impressed. The colors make it a super pretty dish, and it’s gluten free for those who need that. Perfect potluck food people!
It’s always nice to have a go to recipe when you know that you have to bring something to a get together.
I like that i contains black
This dish is pretty kid friendly in my household. It depends if your kid gets weird about “colored” things in their food (like my 5 year old 😉 )My 8 year old crushes this. If he knows I made it, he starts digging in. However, my 5 year old won’t even try it.
What do you like to bring to potlucks? Let me know in the comments!
-Gardners Salsa Dip-
- 1 can black-eyed peas
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can corn
- 1 can petite tomatoes,drained
- 2/3 cup cilantro,chopped
- 2/3 cup green onion,chopped
- 2-3 whole avocado, chunks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- Strain and rinse the beans and corn. Then add the tomatoes to the strained beans and let sit while you prepare the dressing.
2. Mix all the dressing ingredients together3. Put the strained bean mixture into a large bowl and pour the dressing over and stir. You can then put this in the fridge to marinate the flavors. Add the chunks of avocado before serving. Serve with chips.
If you made this and loved it, I would love to hear about it in the comments or #courtneyshomestead. Thanks so much for your support! <3 Courtney