This vegan Thai peanut coconut rice is the perfect summer dish. Its flavors blend to make one impressive dish.
This Vegan Thai Peanut Coconut rice is super delish.
It has a lot of complex flavors coming at it. But the flavors just blend.
This dish is a great one to bring to a potluck. Everyone always loves it.
The rice alone I could eat way too frequently.
It’s made with a can of coconut milk and garlic.
That may sound a little funky, but trust me it goes.
I may or may not take some out for myself when it’s done cooking.
This rice can be eaten as a side dish or a main dish.
It’s fairly healthy.
I love that it’s full of vegetables that you can customize to your liking.
It’s typically made with red cabbage, but of course, when I went to make it for the blog I forgot the red cabbage.
So I just used regular, but that red really makes it pop.
What’s in this Vegan Thai Peanut Coconut Rice?
- Rice, uncooked
- Coconut milk, canned
- Garlic, fresh
- Bell Pepper
- Shredded Cabbage
- Carrots, Shredded
- Red onion
- Green onion
- Peanut Butter
- Brown sugar
- Ginger, dried
- Rice vinegar
- Sesame oil
Gosh, that list looks long, but it’s really not too bad I promise.
How do we make this easy vegan summer dinner recipe?
Start by making your rice.
I always spray the bottom of the
My rice cooker is old and otherwise, things stick.
Throw the rice, canned coconut milk- you can use lite or regular, water, salt, and your minced garlic.
Stir and let cook until the rice cooker says it’s done.
While your rice is doing its
Add the ingredients together and cook in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
That’s just to get the peanut butter to be stirrable.
Stir until smooth and start the next step.
Get a large bowl and chop up all your vegetables until either small pieces or shreds depending on what you want.
Put all those in your large bowl.
When your rice is done put your rice with the vegetables and stir.
Then add your peanut sauce and stir.
If you like things real saucy, then double the peanut sauce. This just makes a light coating on it.
Before serving toss roasted salted peanuts on top.
We usually eat this cold, but you could eat it warm.
It’s great for a potluck or a fun meal.
Want some other summer vegan recipes?
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice, uncooked
- 1 can coconut milk, lite or regular
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 8oz pkg shredded finely cabbage, regular or red
- 1/2 cup carrots,shredded finely
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 -3/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped finely
- 3/4-1 cup salted peanuts or cashews
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 TB brown sugar
- 1.5 tsp ginger, powder
- 3 TB rice vinegar
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- Start by adding all your rice ingredients into the rice cooker and cook until done.
- Get a large bowl and throw all (except peanuts) your chopped salad ingredients into it.
- Mix all your sauce ingredients- then cook in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir.
- Add your cooked rice, vegetables, and sauce together. I typically wait to add the peanuts before serving, but you can add them when you want. Stir until incorporated. I usually stick it in the fridge to blend the flavors and eat it cold.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 347mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 7g
The calories are computer generated and may not be 100% accurate.
This recipe was altered from this recipe here at Host the Toast.
If you loved this recipe then give it a 5 star rating and leave a comment! I love to chat with you all. Please feel free to share on social media and tag #courtneyshomestead. I would love to see you over on Instagram or Facebook.