This Vegan Thai Peanut Coconut rice is super delish. It has a lot of complex flavors coming at it. But the flavors just blend. This dish is a great one to bring to a potluck. Everyone always loves it.
The rice alone I could eat way too frequently. It’s made with a can of coconut milk and garlic. That may sound a little funky, but trust me it goes. I may or may not take some out for myself when it’s done cooking.
This rice can be eaten as a side dish or a main dish. It’s fairly healthy. I love that it’s full of vegetables that you can customize to your liking. It’s typically made with red cabbage, but of
What’s in this Vegan Thai Peanut Coconut Rice?
- Rice, uncooked
- Coconut milk, canned
- Garlic, fresh
- Bell Pepper
- Shredded Cabbage
- Carrots, Shredded
- Red onion
- Green onion
- Peanut Butter
- Brown sugar
- Ginger, dried
- Rice vinegar
- Sesame oil
Gosh, that list looks long, but its really not too bad I promise.
How do we make it?
Start by making your rice. I always spray the bottom of
While your rice is doing its
Get a large bowl and chop up all your vegetables until either small pieces or shreds depended on what you want. Put all those in your large bowl.
When your rice is done put your rice with the vegetables and stir. Then add your peanut sauce and stir. If you like things real saucy, then double the peanut sauce. This just makes a light coating on it.
Before serving toss roasted salted peanuts on top. We usually eat this cold, but you could eat it warm. It’s great for a potluck or a fun meal.
What kind of rice dishes do you like? Let me know in the comments!
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice, uncooked
- 1 can coconut milk, lite or regular
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 8oz pkg shredded finely cabbage, regular or red
- 1/2 cup carrots,shredded finely
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 -3/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped finely
- 3/4-1 cup salted peanuts or cashews
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 TB brown sugar
- 1.5 tsp ginger, powder
- 3 TB rice vinegar
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- Start by adding all your rice ingredients into the rice cooker and cook until done.
- Get a large bowl and throw all (except peanuts) your chopped salad ingredients into it.
- Mix all your sauce ingredients- then cook in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir.
- Add your cooked rice, vegetables, and sauce together. I typically wait to add the peanuts before serving, but you can add them when you want. Stir until incorporated. I usually stick it in the fridge to blend the flavors and eat cold.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 347mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 7g
The calories are computer generated and may not be 100% accurate.