*This post may contain Amazon affiliate links, meaning if you choose to buy something off of one of my links, I may get a small compensation (at no extra cost to you). I will never recommend something I don't believe in.
Is anyone else on sweets overload from the holidays? I thought this would be a great time to come out with this delicious simple healthy lentil soup recipe. I have been eating this soup for a while now. Typically I make it up on meal prep Sunday and eat it for the whole week. Talk about an easy peasy lunch.
I am one of those people that are cold majority of the time in the Winter, so this soup is perfect to heat up at lunchtime and warm me up! Plus this soup is full of goodness! In one generous serving, it has 305 calories, 2 grams of fat, 12 grams of fiber and 19 grams of protein. I think that’s pretty darn good if you’re into that kind of thing.
The best part of this soup is I literally dump everything into in Instapot and let it do its thing. I love Instapots, they come in so handy. I am sure you could make this on the stove I have just yet to do so.
This also has a little special ingredient to help up your vegetable intake…. cauliflower rice! It doesn’t add any funky flavor but it totally boosts the nutrition.
What do you need to make this healthy lentil soup?
- dried brown lentils
- can of black beans
- can of Rotel diced tomatoes+green chilis
- chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper
- can of corn
- vegetable bullion
- cauliflower rice
How do you make it?
Take your Instapot and add all the above ingredients. Set Instapot for 20 minutes manual, let it natural release for 20 minutes or so. Carefully release the rest of the pressure and let cool before serving. This tastes even better the next day.
You could serve with some yummy bread or tortilla chips if desired.
- 5 cups cauliflower rice, frozen
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups lentils, dried brown
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 1 10 oz can Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 can corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 TB chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 7 cups water
- 4 tsp Better Than Bouillon Premium Vegetable Base Bouillon
- Take your Instapot and add all the above ingredients. Set Instapot for 20 minutes manual, let it natural release for 20 minutes or so. Carefully release the rest of the pressure and let cool before serving. This tastes even better the next day.
- You could serve with some yummy bread or tortilla chips if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 2ish cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1505mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 12gSugar: 6gProtein: 13g
The calories are computer generated and may not be 100% accurate.