*This post may contain Amazon affiliate links, meaning if you choose to buy something off of one of my links, I may get a small compensation (at no extra cost to you). I will never recommend something I don't believe in.Jump to Recipe
I love muffins and I love Banana bread. So naturally, I love these Vegan Banana Crumb Muffins. They are super easy to make and bake up nicely. When I was going through trail and errors with this recipe, I was giving these away for people to try. We had way too many sweet treats going around. But my boys were so upset with me and begged me to make more.
These vegan banana crumb muffins are a perfect after school snack or a quick breakfast on the go. We never get past having these for more than two days. If I don’t stop my 8 year old he might just eat the whole pan.
What I love about these vegan banana crumb muffins is you need NO egg re-placer, not that egg re-placers are hard, but it’s just one more step that you don’t have to worry about. The bananas act as a great egg re-placer naturally.
I love crumb toppings. Toppings of any sort really. They make everything taste better. Do you like crumb topping on muffins? What’s your favorite muffin? Let me know in the comments! <3
-Vegan Banana Crumb Muffins-
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 bananas
- 2 TB Oatmilk (any alternative milk)
- 1/3 cup neutral oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees and either putting muffin liners in a standard 12 cup muffin tin, or grease your muffin tin, set aside.
2. Mix your dry ingredients from the muffin batter list together and set aside.3. Throw your peeled bananas into a stand or (hand mixer with a bowl) and mix until your bananas are chopped up, then add the sugars, 2 TB milk, and 1/3 cup oil.
4. Hand mix your dry and banana mixture together. Don’t over mix. When mixed you can scoop out even scoops into the prepared muffin tin, set aside.5. Grab your topping ingredients, mix everything but the butter. Once mixed take your pastry cutter and cut the cold butter into the topping mix. Once it looks like coarse cornmeal, sprinkle on the top of each muffin batter.
6. Bake for 15-18 minutes, being careful not to over bake. A toothpick should come out clean when done.
- This recipe was altered from All Recipes-Lisa Kreft
If you made this and enjoyed it, I would love to hear about it in the comments or #courtneyshomestead. Thanks so much for your support! <3 Courtney