Vegan Not Chicken Noodle Soup
Servings: 5 servings
- 2 TB Earth Balance, Vegan Butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped
- 3/4 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp basil,dried
- 1/2 tsp oregano,dried
- 1 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp pepper (or more to taste)
- 1/8 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp thyme, dried
- 2.5 cups noodles, dry
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups No chicken bullion or vegetable broth
- 1/2 bag vegan chicken strips
Start by cooking your vegan chicken strips according to the package directions. When done, chop up into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
2. Get a large pot and melt the butter, add the chopped onion and cook down for about 5 minutes, add the rest of the vegetables, fresh garlic, seasoning, and stir. Add broth and water. Let this cook together for 15 minutes at a low boil.
3. Add your noodles and cooked chopped up vegan chicken strips, bring to a simmer and let simmer for around 10 minutes, this is going to depend on the type of noodles you use. You may need to decrease this time, your noodles will still cook when it's removed from the heat so account for that.